Australian Lamb Co OH&S Co-ordinator
Our Client Australian Lamb (Colac) is one of Australia’s most modern service processors and exporters of lamb and mutton, having recently undergone a $32 million plant upgrade. They are recognized as an innovative employer providing exciting opportunities for staff to grow and develop across the organization. Based in Colac, only 50 minutes from Geelong and Ballarat regional centers this role is an easy commute or ideal for the family who may be looking for a fantastic tree change.
ALC believes that most work-related injuries and diseases are preventable and that a “zero incidents” target is essential. Australian Lamb (Colac) has introduced an early intervention program that is ready for its next creative step. ALC aspires to be the best globally “We want to be exceptional, Not the ordinary”
The OH&S / WorkCover team consists of 2 Physios, the Return to Work Co-ordinator, the OH&S Co-ordinator led by the OH&S / Work cover Manager and offers for the right person the real potential for high level career progression within the organisation.
Applications are sought for an experienced OH&S Coordinator to become an integral part of this innovative team. This position involves coordinating and implementing OHS workplace programs and projects, and overseeing various OHS activities and registers which includes the site Hazard, Chemical and Incident Registers, risk assessments and implementation plans as well as the Contractor Management System. The role provides a broad sweep of OHS issues and reports to the OHS / WC Manager
As the OH&S Coordinator for the company, you will:
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Be able to engage with a broad group of people within the organisation as well as external stakeholders
• Have excellent knowledge of hazard identification, risk assessment, and controls.
• Have excellent Knowledge of relevant legislation pertaining to OHS legislation.
• Have excellent understanding of accident causation and the techniques used in reporting, investigating and recording accidents and injuries and accident statistics.
Key Responsibility Areas
• Occupational Health and Safety Management System
• Identify and qualify/quantify risks of injury or disease from occupational hazards and determine and implement possible control measures
• Monitor the organisation’s performance against key safety KPI’s which will involve the capture and review of key statistics and report results to the senior management team
• Review and manage all incident and injury reports, ensuring appropriate controls are implemented
• Review, monitor, and update health and safety Work Instructions, rules and policies and procedures
• Maintain contact with government departments, authorities and industry bodies to remain abreast of changes in legislation, industry issues, advancements and innovation
• Manage and implement key OHS projects
• Chair, and record minutes of the Occupational Health and Safety Committee
• Attend appropriate industry health and safety committee meetings and conferences
• Organise outcomes of the OHS committee meetings in liaison with OHS members, managers, team leaders, and Victorian Workcover Authority when required
• Liaise with and mentor Health and Safety Representatives (HSR’s) to ensure appropriate participation, monitoring and OHS compliance in their designated work groups
The ideal candidate will have
• Graduate Diploma in OH&S management
• Experience in the manufacturing or Red Meat industry
• Excellent communication and administration skills.
• A natural propensity to be proactive and innovative
In essence the ideal candidate will flourish in this culturally diverse company, a person who will enjoy the challenging work, where as a member of the OH&S team you will be focused on early intervention and know that at ALC you can make a real difference.
This position offers an excellent remuneration package, with on-going training and career development and memberships of all relevant peak bodies, flexible hours may be considered.
For more information please contact Jean Paul at Direct Recruitment Geelong on 52213880 or email@example.com